Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Myth: I can't wear red lipstick






Have you ever thought, "I can't wear red lipstick"?
Hold the phone! Contrary to popular belief, red lipstick is the most universally flattering product out there. The problem is that there are five billion shades, textures and weights to choose from.
My personal favorites all lean toward to true red option but I also enjoy an orangey red especially in the summer as well as a berry red for fall.
From top to bottom:
1. (Cream) YSL Le Rouge. So appropriately named. If you want to look like you belong on the set of MadMen (yes please!) this is your red.
2.(Matte)Stila Long Wear Lip Color in "Lover". My personal go-to. A little deeper than true red it has a little vamp and wears for hours without drying out your lips.
3. (Matte) Stila Long Wear Liquid in "Fiery". This product is super matte and super bright making it a little tricky to work with. I suggest you use a lip liner first and apply it with a small lip brush for a precise line. Once it's on there's no fuss. This is easily an 8 hour wear. No joke.
4. (Gloss) Korres cherry full color gloss. If the previous product scares you a little this one is for you. Oh so pretty Kool-aid lips that feel as good as they look. Throw it on for a soft, pretty, sunny splash of color.
5. (Gloss) Stila Lip Glaze in "Cranberry" is actually a little on the brick-red side. The perfect combination of color and shine it is great for someone not quite sure about the red thing yet.
Have you tried any of these? What did you think? What are your faves?

1 comment:

  1. I've been toying with trying out a red lip...but I'm afraid I'll look like a clown. Think I'll check out some of these options...let you know what comes of it.

    ReplyDelete